Striking presence
VIJAY GEORGE
The Hindu
Sept 16, 2006
After some impressive roles in a few offbeat films, Jyothirmayee acquired a reputation as the quintessential "thinking man's heroine." But then that is discounting her feisty dance in `Meesa Madhavan,' which proved, once and for all, that she is not a one-dimensional actor.
The peppy number `Chingamaasam Vannuchernnal... ,' which she says brings her centrestage every year in the Malayalam month of Chingam, in Lal Jose's `Meesa Madhavan' catapulted her to instant stardom.
Now, she is trying to strike a balance between potboilers and offbeat films in Tamil and Malayalam.
"Though I had insisted on performance oriented roles earlier, I am aware that it cannot happen every time. That is why I do both offbeat and commercial films, " she says
The Hindu
Sept 16, 2006
After some impressive roles in a few offbeat films, Jyothirmayee acquired a reputation as the quintessential "thinking man's heroine." But then that is discounting her feisty dance in `Meesa Madhavan,' which proved, once and for all, that she is not a one-dimensional actor.
The peppy number `Chingamaasam Vannuchernnal... ,' which she says brings her centrestage every year in the Malayalam month of Chingam, in Lal Jose's `Meesa Madhavan' catapulted her to instant stardom.
Now, she is trying to strike a balance between potboilers and offbeat films in Tamil and Malayalam.
"Though I had insisted on performance oriented roles earlier, I am aware that it cannot happen every time. That is why I do both offbeat and commercial films, " she says

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home